Friday 11 June 2010

PICTURES FROM MY WINDOW. MORE SWIFTS.



I could be watching TV or trying to land a F-18 on an aircraft carrier in a simulation program, but I decide to shoot, again, swifts.

It's a beautiful day and the swifts fly very low. They pass right in front of my window. This means that due to atmospheric pressure, flies and other flying insects from which they feed are at that height. They pass, time and again, at full speed, shaking with their shrieks.

When I became interested in photography, someone told me that a famous American Life photographer coached his photographic reflexes by throwing a tennis ball in the air and photographing it with an samall telelens. Of course, at that time was very complicated: there were no motor drives and you had to focus manually. I imagine him as a kind of Buffalo Bill who had replaced the Colt .45 and the silver coin by the camera and the ball.

Photographing swifts could be something similar. I used a 18-55 mm zoom, at 55 mm, shooting at bursts.












No comments:

Post a Comment