Sunday 9 May 2010

DOUBLE EXPOSURE. GAUDÍ AND THE MOON.

DOBLE EXPOSICIÓN

SAGRADA FAMILIA Y LUNA EN EL MISMO DISPARO.


Nowadays with Photoshop it is very easy to get the same result, but I’d would like to explain you a technique for film cameras I used some time ago. You have already seen in my blog the Dona and Ocell (Woman and Bird) Joan Miró’s sculpture with the full moon behind. At the beginning of the nineties I decided to photograph some of the most emblematic Gaudi’s buildings using the same technique. So I shoot a couple of rolls of the full moon. After some trials I used a 300mm f:2,8 Tamron telelens with a 1,4 duplicator and a 300 mm f:4 Nikon telelens and Velvia 50 ASA slide film.




.

IN THIS PICTURE THE MOON'S PLACE BELONGS TO THE PHOTOGRAM 36 IN THE NOTEBOOK





In one of my moleskin notebooks, where I write captions about my photographic works on the ground, I draw the 36 photograms and the place where I had placed the full moon. Once finished, I unwinded the film, put it again on the camera and I started photographing the Gaudí’s buildings on it. So I was able to have on the same photogram moon and building.



.
These pictures worked out fine: one ran as a Paris Match full page and another one was the cover of a book about Barcelona published by Lunwerg.

No comments:

Post a Comment