Saturday 24 April 2010

TRAVEL’S HEAD OR TAIL. TAIL: KABUL



In fact, as you will see, I am not referring to the tail in a trip but to the accommodation. It was in the summer of 2003 and I stayed at Afghanistan’s Crescent Moon in Kabul. This was the bathroom I shared with a dozen people. Nothing to do with Karkloof Spa, right?

And this was my room. And, despite everything, I was very fortunate that it was for me alone.





Anyway, for me it was a privilege to be in Afghanistan just a year after the defeat of the Taliban and to be able to make good pictures. Besides, the story I published in Vanguardia Magazine, text and photos, entitled Mission in Kabul, won the prize awarded by the Generalitat of Catalonia for the best concerned article published, which is not bad at all.







Therefore, would I change the luxury of Karkloof by the austerity of my Kabul accommodation? Absolutely not!


No comments:

Post a Comment