Saturday 3 April 2010

SPECTACULAR PRODUCTIVITY INCREASE IN THE SPANISH ECONOMY

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Spain? Chineses? Let me explain. This is a photo I took in Mongolia that I use as a photo illustration to explain that in our country, the journalists who still keep their jobs are working as Chinese.

I recently read an economics article that caught my attention. They commented that the Spanish economy had been always criticized by its lack of productivity. And now suddenly it has been found. How? I'm going to take the liberty to extrapolate a generic comment to the journalistic profession. During the past year more than 3,000 journalists have been fired and the freelance contributions drastically reduced. But newspapers have not reduced their pages or their sections or their content. This means that journalists who continue working have had to get on with the same product being much less, working harder and being paid the same. "Is it not a forced rise in productivity?

No comments:

Post a Comment