Sunday 18 April 2010

PORRERA .HOLIDAYS 3

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

VISTA DESDE MI HABITACIÓN / VIEW FROM MY ROOM


A few days break in Porrera, the Catalan village surrounded by vineyards in the heart of the Priorat region. My friend, Isabel Vilà, the journalist that a few years ago decided to change her life radically, to leave Barcelona and go to live in the country, lives there. She was one of the characters that appeared in the article I published in Vanguardia Magazine Lives in calm. Isabel runs a beautiful guest farm from 1803 restored, Cal Porrerà, where I stayed.



PORRERA

I found Isabel in a very good shape. There have been changes in her life since she arrived but now she enjoys an enviable emotional situation and move on with her business. She explained me that due to the crisis, the summer, especially August, painted very black because she had no reservations. However, She launched some very competitive deals: she rented the rooms, breakfast included, at a significantly lower price but on condition that the rooms were rented weekly rather than in individual days. The final result was that she had the house full, or almost, and has managed to weather the storm.



ISABEL VILÀ . CAL PORRERÀ


I love the tranquillity that permeates Porrera and its wonderful light. I alternate walks with bike rides, swimming in the local pool, good food and excellent wine and, of course, I was very glad to see Isabel again, because one year had passed by since the last time I saw her.


No comments:

Post a Comment