Monday 5 April 2010

PICTURES FROM MY WINDOW. THE SHADOW

LA VISIÓN DEL FOTÓGRAFO / THE PHOTOGRAPHER'S EYE




When someone comes to my house for the first time and already knows my series Pictures from my window (77 images already), watches the scene and says that soon I’ll have to close out the series due to lack of new images.
But the other day I invited to dinner a photographer friend (I’ll talk about him when I post the recipe I cooked). He had not been in my house before and was curious to see the view. We went to the small terrace from where I take the vast majority of the photos (the window is just the title, although it is not quite true) and I saw that he mentally began to take pictures without stopping. His vision was fixed at the bigger picture and then reduced the angle to become a tele lens sight while mentally photographing small details.
We ate and when we finished we were out in the terrace again. We looked for new image sand we saw it at the same time: the shadow. I never noticed it before. Perhaps I Just had not looked at that time or could be because the light changes with the seasons.
My friend went and I started taking photographs. First
the brown leaves, the light was beautiful, and then, finally, with a 300 mm tele lens, the shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment