Monday 26 July 2010

OXFORD AND CAMBRIDGE. COLLEGES GRADUATION PARTIES.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CAMBRIDGE


A few years ago, around this time, Albert Cañagueral and I travelled to Oxford and Cambridge for el Periodico Sunday newspaper. Our proposal was to make a portrait of two of the world most famous universities taking advantage of the current clip of their graduation ceremonies at the end of the course. I had read and seen a story about running wild celebrations that were held within the Colleges. I knew that access would be practically impossible, but I thought Iwould be able to find something in the streets, as it was.

In Cambridge I learned when I was one of the parties and the next day at dawn I was ready with my camera in front of the college where I could capture these images.


CAMBRIDGE

In Oxford, about nine in the morning in one of the pubs in the centre I photographed some of the graduates who had not been going to bed yet. They have all the earmarks of having had a very good time. Don’t you think?


OXFORD

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

OXFORD

The idea of this post I came after learning that journalism students of one of the universities where I teach had too, one of these parties. And I heard with nothing to envy to those of Oxford and Cambridge.
For me it really is exciting to realize that all these young journalists, to whom I have tried to convey my passion for photography, won’t be anymore on the other side of the table, but will be my new colleagues in this difficult but exciting profession.


CAMBRIDGE

No comments:

Post a Comment