Monday 3 May 2010

BATTLES PAINTINGS’ SCENERIES

CÁDIZ

It was the first story I published in this blog, exactly on August 18, 2008. It must be said that the inspiration came after reading Arturo Perez Reverte's novel The painter of battles. I spent months consulting books on the history of Spain and planning a route along the tracks that gave me oil paintings, etchings and engravings. The proposal was to photograph the scene from a similar point of view as the painting.

Soon I had to discard many important paintings because they were symbolic and not real, the similitude of the real scenery with the painting was pure coincidence. I just use one of Numancia, after all the existing Numancia’s ruins are merely reproductions.During a couple of weeks I went from south to north of the Iberian Peninsula, from Cádiz to Bilbao.



I photographed the scenes of nine battles and wrote pages and pages. It has been almost seven months since then and I have much more experience in blogging now. So I decided to publish it again, but a single battle every time, together with its English translation wich in the first version did not exist. The Cadiz photo shows the place where I was looking for my first battle scenary, but that story will appear in an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment