Monday 5 April 2010

MY TOP TEN SONGS.MR. TAMBOURINE MAN. BOB DYLAN

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


It is one of the greatest and his style is unmistakable. There are many songs that I like: Like a Rolling Stone, The Times They Are a Changing, A Hard Rain is Gonna Fall, It ain’t me babe, I want you , the beautiful Just Like a Woman or the much more recent Hurricane , but the first that called my attention strongly and the one I learned all the lyrics was Mr. Tambourine Man :
A

Then take me disappearin' through the smoke rings of my mind
Down the foggy ruins of time,
Far past the frozen leaves
The haunted, frightened trees
Out to the windy beach
Far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
Silhouetted by the sea,
Circled by the circus sands
With all memory and fate
Driven deep beneath the waves
Let me forget about today until tomorrow. A

Wow! Would anyone be surprised that the lyrics of Dylan are being studied in universities alongside those of the greatest poets?

No comments:

Post a Comment