Sunday 4 April 2010

THE JAPAN PHOTO PROJECT




Many people send me emails to see if I can post on my blog something about their photographics exhibitions or initiatives. I tend to say that my blog is not the Time Out of Photography in Barcelona. I publish 20 to 25 posts every month of the most varied fields. If I had to echo everything that happens in Barcelona, my blog would only treat about this. I tell them to keep in touch either with Barcelona Photobloggers or Fotografía.net. Both keep doing an outstanding job in this aspect.

But The Japan Photo Project by Tina Bagué and Toru Morimoto is different. Recently I commented on these pages a few sentences of two iconic Magnum photographers Alex Webb and Martin Parr.

Webb
said:

"At the end is about taking photographs, beyond market mechanisms. And if there must be some savior of Photography, in all likelihood will be the same photographers. "

And Martin Parr:

"The photographer, today, should shoot a subject, in which he is interested, then promote it and seek different ways (Books, exhibitions, Internet ...) and sponsors to show it".


It turns out that The Japan Photo Project fits to the wonder in this spirit. After a long period of hard work, Tina and Toru have secured funding to photograph Japan for a year, traveling in a motorhome. Their work will be displayed in a large format book of 300 pages and in an exhibition. The project was kick-started on the first of January this New Year.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
DE LA EXPOSICIÓN DE TINA BAGUÉ DIACRONÍAS DEL JAPÓN MODERNO


All the luck in the world for The Japan Photo Project that we can follow through their blog, their Twitter or their Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment