Wednesday 28 April 2010

ITACA & THE MORNING SISTERS IN THE FIELD




I photographed Itaca for the Outstanding Youth (Jovenes Extraordinarios) section of the Vanguardia Magazine. Before photographing someone I always try to learn everything about him or her. I wanted to photograph Itaca with her Gospel group, the Morning Sisters in the Field, and she told me that they acted on Saturday night in a Gracia theatre. They told me I could photograph them half an hour before the concert. That day I went by subway; there was a problem and I arrived only 10 minutes before the concert, and the small hall theatre was already full up. They told me I could photograph Itaca and her Gospel group when they finished, one hour later. It was great because I attended the representation and I loved the group, their songs and the sense of humour that emerged from them.
Like it happens many times, before starting the shooting, the director of the hall told me that I had only 5 minutes before they closed. The illuminators, two girls, were kind enough to wait and illuminate the group. I told Itaca to seat on the stage , my camera on a tripod, and I illuminated her with a strobe, separated by a sync cable, from the left. I was very careful in composing the image and place the hands of Itaca on the dais of the stage. Upon seeing the published picture, I realized that they had framed my image and cut her hands (though they didn't in the digital edition). Gosh!

No comments:

Post a Comment