Sunday 18 April 2010

ISTANBUL EUROPA RACE 2009



Last Saturday I had an assignment to photograph the sailing ships participating in the Istanbul Europa Race 2009 on the stretch Istanbul-Nice-Barcelona-Brest. The truth is that there’s been a long time ago since the last time I photographed a sailing race, the last one was for the cover of my book, Barcelona plein air, which you can see in my section published works at the end of the right hand column of the blog. It was great to feel the sun, wind and spray from the waves while trying to keep the horizon straight, especially when shooting with telephoto lenses. In one of the zodiacs following the race we were only two photographers and I was really lucky that the other one was Alfred Farré. Alfred has been 25 years taking nautical pictures and masterfully directed the skipper of our boat to the best places to take pictures. Here I show you some.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic






No comments:

Post a Comment