Sunday 31 January 2010

PICTURESROM MY WINDOW. MY AIR FRANCE NEIGHBOR.

NIKON F80. Nikkor 300 mm. f /4. FUJICHROME 100 ASA


This is a section I started with “Curiosity killed the cat” and I shall be posting new images regularly. The idea came to me ,long time ago, revising the W.Eugene Smith story “As From My Window I Sometimes Glance”, with photos taken from his New York Sixth Avenue loft.

I live in a flat with very good views over Barcelona's Gran Via. From there, tough a little far away, I can see two important Barcelona references: The Tibidabo and Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia.

To make a living as a photographer means to travel a lot to the places you need to capture the images. Sometimes, only sometimes, I would like to take photographs from home, without moving. This section is a little piece of work based in this premises.

I’ll be mixing actual photos with others I took in the past like this one. It was a really huge Air France ad. Each time I looked through my window I faced the girl’s eyes looking to me over the Gran Via trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment